Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th! We have all our didgets!


I am happy to report that after much blowing of things up, all of my children have all of their fingers and toes intact! It has been a successful 4th of July! One note about the economy- when Chuck went to the tribe to get his fireworks this year, he got the same pack that he does every year, The Thunderchief, it was cleverly packed smaller and the guy was not negotiating on price- at all!. The fuel prices are far reaching- even when buying illegal fireworks! What are we to do? We did have a good time in our new neighborhood. I cannot believe the amount of fireworks that we witnessed. They went on until 1 am. The only bad thing is my old dog Max just sat with his head in the corner all night- it was pitiful. Poor guy!
Also, Ella has a new friend- Tyanna who just moved in next door. They have been like two peas in a pod since day one. I really like the little girl, however, she comes with about 5 big and little brothers and sisters. In addition, we just can't shake her. If you open the front door, her and her clan will be waiting on the front porch like strays- "Can we come in? Can I spend the night? Where are you going? Can Ella play? Do you have any ice cream?" At all times of the day- there will be six kids in our front yard. It is all I can do to keep Chuck from being the grumpy old bastard on the block screaming "all you kids get the F off my yard!" We have been trying to set some kind of boundaries, but it is hard because they are really nice little kids and it is rare to find playmates that are not too annoying. Their parents are the types to just kick the kids outside to play, and we are micro managers that watch Ella every moment of her existence- and we have otter pops... I was always told to never feed strays. I think that is my problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have been in the corner with the dog. Hey, the kids and I are headed up to the NW to visit Bill's parents, I am planning on a little side trip up to Wa. Around July 18th or so, my trip is not very organized but I'd love to see you guys.

Do the Puyallup said...

Sweet! Fun times. We will be at Lakefair that weekend- it is real fun for the kids. We also will have our boat there too. We are excited!