Saturday, January 12, 2008

How I met my perfect cake...

Chuck and I took Taylor and a couple of friends to a concert in Seattle last night and since we had time to kill waiting for him to get out, we ate dinner, shopped and ran into the love of my life dessert. First of all, I have two food must haves in my life: Cheesecake (thanks to Mom), and Chocolate (thank you Mom again.) Give me these two things or any combo of the two, and I am happy. I will give you my top three examples. Quite often if I do not choose cheesecake, you will find me whipping up brownies topped with vanilla ice cream, or my cake fav is German Chocolate cake with that carmel, coconut topping. YUM! My husband tells me I am trying to kill him with the food I like to eat so we have compromised- I fix lots of scrumptious food- and he takes us to the gym. Fair trade I think.

Back to the love of my life...After we ate dinner at PF Changs- good stuff too, we walked around for about an hour- enjoyed some shopping- and then I knew I was unstuffed enough to search for dessert. Ah ha! Up to 6th and Pine I see a Cheesecake Factory. I run towards my beacon of hope. After we get seated and take a look at the menu, Chuck decides on some nice Coconut Cream Pie Cheesecake- sounds good enough, but I have not been moved yet- until I see my destiny. Titled something like, "Carls Crazy Cake" The description is, " Layers of Brownie, rich fudgy cake, coconut caramel frosting, fudgy frosting and cheesecake. Could it be true? All three of my favorites wrapped into one! It had me at hello...It had me at hello...

When the waitress came to take our order, I had a simple question. Not to sound like a PIG, I shyly asked, "Could this cake handle some vanilla ice cream on it?" Her expression at first told me, "I don't think you need to handle some vanilla ice cream on it." but her response was, "I have heard that ice cream is good with chocolate cake." "Ok, ice cream it is," I said.

When it arrived, I know why she did not think I needed ice cream. It is also topped with pure heavy whipped cream. You know, the kind that is just on the verge of butter. I could only eat half of it due to pure calorie and fat overload, but I have finally met the best dessert ever. I told Chuck that he can not bring me back to that place more than once per year or he will be married to a 500 pounder. I have, however, figured out in my mind how they made it, and I will be attempting to duplicate it at home, with all the damn ice cream I please!

5 comments:

Living the Dream said...

I'm happy for the two of you. The older I get the bigger my sweet tooth gets (along with other things) You lost me at coconut.

Anonymous said...

Sounds right up my alley, german chocolate cake is among my faves along with cheesecake, YUM.
i'm glad you had a good time(good food) thats what really matters.
M

LONNBAD said...

did your creation turn out? i want pictures.

Do the Puyallup said...

Yes, last night while grocery shopping at Safeway, I inconspicuously bought all of the items needed to make my cake without Chuck knowing. Somehow, he did not notice the 6 packs of cream cheese that I bought. Oh, I am going for a lighter fat version, as I did buy non-fat cream cheese. Now, I suspect it will only clog an artery and put 10 pounds on me instead of kill me.

LONNBAD said...

ask your son about the picture he sent me today